Status Forward is seeking to hire an experienced web developer with Craft CMS and WordPress experience to work on new and existing websites. The majority of the existing websites we support are built on WordPress, but we are increasingly moving toward work with Craft CMS. This position will be for 20-30 hours/week during a two-month probationary period, with a part-time or full-time opportunity thereafter for the right candidate.
We’re a small, but mighty brand marketing team focused on helping outdoor and mountain lifestyle brands stand out in the wild. Our work includes messaging, design, development, and SEO. We believe in doing good work, being nice to people, and helping one another. Based in Asheville, NC, we work remotely most of the time, with a flexible work environment and a commitment to a healthy work/play balance.
You should be able to meet most of the following:
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- 3+ years of development experience with Craft CMS and/or WordPress CMS
- Familiarity with the Twig templating language
- Ability to work in and manage version control systems (Git, CI/CD)
- Experience using Webpack and Composer
- Some experience working with REST APIs
- Expertise with browser testing, debugging, and accessibility standards
- Ability to translate designs into responsive, semantic markup. Familiarity with Figma and Webflow preferred.
- Strong understanding of best practices for SEO and UI/UX
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Good customer relations skills and the ability to train clients on using a CMS
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail
- Ability to work remotely
Role and Responsibilities
The role will include a mix of coding new projects in Craft CMS and supporting, developing, extending and maintaining existing websites built with WordPress and Craft CMS.
Our e-commerce sites are primarily on WordPress, but we will begin working with Shopify and Craft Commerce as well. Some exposure to all of these would be beneficial, although not essential.
Our WordPress and Craft builds are fully custom and integrate third-party systems and robust plugins, so the ability to work with APIs and a diverse set of plugins/extensions is essential.
In addition, an important part of our process involves scoping and time estimates based on project goals and requirements, along with being able to organize your workload and tasks effectively while keeping other team members and clients updated with your progress.
Send a resume and project work examples to [email protected]